30 day returns period.
Any returns cost covered.
1 year warranty on all products unless stated otherwise.
The Wordy Version
- We are THERETRO.CO.UK, known as The Retro Store Glasgow. We are a Limited Company based in the United Kingdom.
- You can order Products from us through https://theretro.co.uk
- The price for each Product is shown on the website and includes relevant UK sales taxes (such as VAT) at the current rate.
- We always try to make sure that the prices on the website are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products that you order we will notify you as soon as possible using the contact details you supplied to us when placing your order. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to reach you within 7 days of our notice we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. If you confirm, you must pay the difference before we despatch the Product.
- You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify.
- Prices are quoted on the website in UK pounds sterling. Outside of the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate. Moreover, we provide services such as PayPal which with an account should convert currency to avert any serious credit card issues.
Payment of Order
- You must provide full and accurate payment details (e.g. credit card, debit card, PayPal or gift voucher) at the point of submitting your order.
- We will take payment from your credit card, debit card, PayPal account or gift voucher as soon as you place your order.
- We currently accept PayPal & Stripe , which also allows payments via most Debit & Credit Cards.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, when paying by credit or debit card your details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the internet. Your credit card company may also carry out additional security checks to confirm it is you making the order. In the event your card is declined please contact your card issuer to authorise the transaction.
- All order details will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address if the name of the recipient of the order is different.
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 1 year of purchase and cannot be set off against Products that have already been paid for.
- If the value of the order exceeds the value of a gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card, or via PayPal.
- Unused balances will be held within the recipients voucher for the remainder of the 1 year period after purchasing the gift voucher, after this, the voucher will expire.
- Vouchers can only be used for in-stock Products and not for pre-ordered Products. Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Products which are already subject to other promotional offers.
- If you have received a promotional voucher from us, only one such promotional voucher code can be redeemed per order.
- Promotional voucher codes are issued from time to time at our discretion. We reserve the right to cancel promotional voucher codes at any time without notice and without giving a reason.
- Only one promotional voucher code can be redeemed against any single order. If there is an unused balance of discount or credit remaining on the promotional voucher code, that balance will be extinguished and cannot be redeemed with any other orders.
- Promotional voucher codes cannot be re-used.
- Promotional voucher codes have a cash redemption value of 0.001p and are not transferable.
- Promotional voucher codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- Promotional voucher codes may not be sold. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes auctions and other online sales.
- Certain Products cannot be purchased with promotional voucher codes. Such Products are clearly marked on their respective Product pages.
- The issuing of promotional voucher codes may be restricted (for example, one per email address). Please see the promotional page for details.
- The Retro promotional voucher codes cannot be used to purchase regular The Retro gift vouchers.
- All Products are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product to you following our acceptance we will notify you as soon as we can. If we cannot supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount of your up front payment.
- The images of the Products on the website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the images accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s or device’s display accurately reflect the Products. Your Products may vary from those images.
- Certain Products advertised on the website (including but not limited to alcoholic beverages and dangerous items like knives) can only be purchased if you satisfy the legal age requirement for that Product. We are not allowed by law to supply these Products to you if you do not satisfy these age requirements. If you are underage, please do not attempt to order these Products. We reserve the right to request proof of age and not to supply Products to users that we suspect do not meet the legal age requirements.
Delivery of Products
- We aim to deliver your Products by the estimated delivery date set out in the acceptance email and in any event within 30 days from the date of order or, in the case of pre-ordered Products, 30 days from the date of the despatch confirmation email. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an event outside our reasonable control we will email to you a revised estimated delivery date. Please note that this follows through to our outsourced suppliers who will provide some Products throughout the store.
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the delivery address given in the order.
- The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges. You will be notified of the delivery charges when you place your order.
- Delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import duties, custom duties or taxes which are your responsibility where they apply. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and The Retro is not responsible for them. Any items sourced from outside of the UK will be clearly marked .
- If you do not pay these local import/custom duties or taxes then the Product could be returned to The Retro or possibly destroyed if too expensive to return. Please note, if this happens, we may not be able to refund your purchase. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you are in breach of any law in any such country.
- We do not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in the website and any information, images or software accessed via the website are owned by or licensed to The Retro and, unless otherwise specified, may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
- Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of the website, all photographs on it and our marketing materials.
- We do not give any warranty or representation in respect of the trade marks or trade names of any of the Products or brands featured on the website.
- We do not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them, The Retro does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark and the trade marks of the brands featured on The Retro Store belong to their respective owners.
Our Returns and Exchange Process
- We believe that you will be delighted with your Products but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these Terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will try to attend to all return requests as soon as practically possible.
- Nothing in this agreement will affect your statutory rights.
To make a claim.
- To exercise the right to cancel or the 30 day money back guarantee, please notify us using the following details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: UK +44 141 266 0046 – This is a local UK landline number.
- Filling out the form on our “Returns and Exchanges” page.
- We may allocate you with a returns code which should be included with the package so that we can process your return.
- To return the Products in accordance with this clause 11, please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery), we will provide you with a return address should it be needed.
- You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us, you should retain your proof of postage.
- With proof of purchase of transport costs, we will reimburse you of any delivery costs within the EU and UK up to £15 in value unless stated otherwise.
Cooling off period & your statutory rights
- You have the right to cancel a contract with us within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier indicated by you acquires physical possession of the Product.
- If you cancel an order, we will repay to you the price of the order including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). If you cancel only part of an order, we will repay to you that part of the price which relates to the returned Products.
- We may make a deduction from the amount due to you which reflects the loss in value of any Products supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling or damage caused by you.
- We will make the repayment without undue delay and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Products supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the Products.
- We will repay (in pounds sterling) the price of the returned Products using the same means of payment as you used to pay for the order, unless you and we have expressly agreed otherwise. You will not incur any fees as a result of the repayment.
- At our request we (or our nominated courier service) may collect the Products from you. Otherwise you shall send back the Products or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation to us. The deadline is met if you send back the Products on or before the expiry of the 14 day period.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Products if they are unwanted (this does not apply to faulty or damaged in transit items).
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they are an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause , The Retro will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform or delay in performance of any obligation under a contract if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation internet outages, communications outages, industrial action, fire, flood, war or act of God.
- Please read the instructions, manuals and other user documentation that comes with your Products carefully. The Retro is not involved in the manufacture of Products and will not advise on their use or operation or the manufacturer’s guidelines. We recommend that you use all Products safely and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Retro, alongside its suppliers has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the Products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on the website or contact us for exact sizes.
- The Retro, alongside its suppliers shall insure ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. We will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction following delivery.
- Because of the nature of the internet The Retro provides and maintains the website on an “as is” and “as available” basis and makes no promise that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our internet services for any reason beyond our control.
- Our website contains links to other websites which are not under our control or maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
- You will be responsible for any breach of these Terms by you and if you use the website in breach of these Terms you will be liable to and will reimburse The Retro for any loss or damage caused as a result.
- The Retro may revise these Terms from time to time. Any changes to our Terms will be notified on the website. You must check these Terms whenever you place an order with us. You may receive an email notification of these changes should they be significant.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or our obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. However if you have purchased a Product as a gift, you may transfer the benefit of any warranties we give to you under this contract to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask our consent.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- If The Retro does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
- If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at The Retro’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means a contract for the purchase of Products through The Retro Store and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
Third Party Links
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
Third Party (or customer submitted) materials
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
- The Retro are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The RetroThis policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.Information we may collect from youWe may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone].
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.